Thursday, May 19, 2011

Washington DC

Austin and I went to Washington D.C. on Sunday because my dad was there for work. It was so much fun! I absolutely love D.C. My new dream is to live in one of those cute colonial homes with red brick, black shutters, and a cute porch. Our kids will play catch in the backyard while I bake cookies in the kitchen.
We went to a singles ward because it was the only time we could go to church. It was a huge ward and I felt like everyone there was way smarter than me. They are all going to be doctors, lawyers, and politicians. I will feel much more successful than they ever will when I open up a bakery with my friends. It will be even better than Georgetown Cupcake.


We waited in line for an hour for those things, but it was well worth it. I know it was Sunday, but geez if you are going to sin you might as well get a cupcake in the process.


Notice that some of the cupcakes are missing. We had a little pre-dinner dessert. I have to say that my favorite was the red velvet! We paid $30 for a dozen cupcakes. Isn't that ridiculous? Who does that? My bakery will be much more affordable.

I love how much history is in DC. We saw...


The Capitol Building



La casa de Obama (Sorry the picture stinks..it was a drive by)

It was fun to just drive around and see all the cool buildings. I cannot wait to go back. First, I will go to Georgetown to shop, then I will go back and take a picture of myself in front of the white house, and then I will get another cupcake.

Overall it was like the greatest day ever. It was so good to see my dad, we ate yummy food, and I got to see the Nation's Capitol for the first time. I am way more patriotic now.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting blog! I especially liked the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete